The Golf Course
A Classic Layout
Copper Hill Country Club founded in 1927 by Cortland Betts, a New York City lawyer who first visited the Flemington area in the early 1900s. With input from noted golf course architect A. W. Tillinghaust, the original nine hole course was expanded to 18 holes in 1929. An extensive course renovation was completed in 1992 under the guidance of golf course architect Michael Hurdzan.
Playing over 6,500 yards from back tees, what the course lacks in length, it makes up for in character and conditioning. Well known for its small greens and tight fairways, it places a premium on accuracy and club selection and is challenging for golfers of all skill levels. With our meticulous approach to course maintenance, it is one of the best-manicured golf courses in New Jersey.